In recent years Berlin has become known as the Startup-Mecca of Germany. Entrepreneurs and VC’s, local and foreign, flock to the city and as a result we’ve witnessed the birth of an already impressive, but steadily growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. After only one previous event, we’re proud to say that Startup Camp Berlin has already made a name for itself as a not-for-profit event that successfully captures the entrepreneurial spirit of Berlin and brings together some the most renowned thinkers and doers of Germany and beyond. The organization of the camp is in full throttle, so more info is soon to come. For now we’re happy to announce that
Startup Camp Berlin 2012 will take place on 16-17 March at the Mediadesign Hochschule in Kreuzberg.
- Friday, 16 March will be a full conference day with a focus on more experienced entrepreneurs.
- Saturday, 17 March will be dedicated to up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
- Those of you who deserve to go, but have little to give can apply for a scholarship.
Tickets are once again available via amiando:
Presentations and workshops:
The SCB12 has an awesome program in stall for you, among others covering the must-have topics:
- Law (contracts, term sheets, investments)
- Funding, Taxes
- Online marketing:
- Affiliate marketing
- SEO, SEM
- Mobile marketing
- Social media marketing (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Monitoring)
- PR for Startups
- Best leadership practices (e.g. agile management, design thinking, recruiting)
- Software developement:
- Offshoring und nearshoring
- Software frameworks (e.g. Magento)
- Agile development methods (Scrum).
To tackle German‘s fear of failure, that still stands in contrast to the successful startup mentality of the U.S., we’re bringing you a special track dedicated to failing.
Organisation & input by you:
Startup Camp is a not-for-profit initiative that depends on the help of a few remarkable volunteers. If you’re keen on contributing to our 10-person team we’d be happy to welcome you aboard. There’s much to do:
- Facebook, Twitter
- Helping hands at and after the event
- You name it.
We’re also always happy to receive hints or introductions regarding sponsoring, workshops and awesome speakers.
Stay up to date:
Join the newsletter, RSS-Feed or follow us on twitter @ecbln.
Startup Camp offers a great way for companies and individuals to give back, make interesting contacts, promote themselves and much more. Seize the opportunity and contact Sascha Schubert (schubert[at] entrepreneursclub [dot] de) or Stefan Wolpers (wolpers[at] entrepreneursclub [dot] de) for more info. (Translation by Wilken Bruns and Andree Huk)